Monday, January 10, 2011

Mother Nature

The day we booked our wedding venue at Red Top Mountain we were given several brochures about the park, one of which included a calendar of events. I was thrilled when I paged through it to find that a meteor shower was expected the night of our wedding. How romantic!


Little did I know that a meteor shower was only the start of fantastic events Mother Nature would show us during the first year of our marriage.

Many of our guests woke up to this on the morning after our wedding:


When I researched the symbolic meaning of double rainbows online (as with anything else on the internet) there were many different interpretations. The first one I found was my favorite: When double rainbows appear it means that whatever is coming to you has great meaning in your life and that one good thing will lead to another good thing. I really rejoice in your happiness and good fortune. The rainbows are a sign from the cosmic universe that you are about to have something great fall into your lap!

About a month and half later Matt and I were looking forward to our first Christmas as a married couple. In 2009 my mom bought matching pajamas for the family and we all stayed the night at home so that we could wake up together on Christmas morning. This quickly became a beloved family tradition. In Atlanta we always hope for a white Christmas. Over the years the weather has gotten our hopes up and let us down many times so as we prepared for our 2010 pj's and family "sleepover" we didn't think much of it when the news warned of a "wintery mix".You can imagine our excitement on Christmas Eve when peered out the window in our matching pajamas to see snow! Not just snow falling, but actual......accumulating......SNOW! The following morning we awoke to Atlanta's first white Christmas since 1882.

Mom and Dad's deck covered in Christmas snow!
Stacy and I in our matching pj's 2009

 Yep, the guys had to wear matching pj's too. (2009)
2010 Festivities. I'll let you use your imagination on this one.

This brings us to today. I sit cuddled up in my bed with my hubby and puppies close by and gaze out the window at the beauty of six inches of snow. The most severe snow storm Atlanta has seen since we moved here in the early 90's. Freezing rain continues to fall on top of the snow and roads are impassable. The news makes this out to be a catastrophe. Maybe it's the kid in me, but I don't feel like it's a catastrophe! We all enjoy an unexpected day off work, but there is something so much more special about a snow day!

Matt standing in the middle of HWY 92....not a car in sight!

Six inches of snow in our backyard...wow!!



It should be interesting to see what Mother Nature has to show us as the year continues. I have a feeling we are in for quite a show and quite a life together! Until next time, Lots of Love!

If you haven't already seen this...check out this YouTube video of a guy who REALLY enjoyed seeing a double rainbow.

No comments:

Post a Comment