Wednesday, October 31, 2012

First Birthday!


Wow! What a milestone! The thing I wanted most in life was to be a mom, and I love it even more than I ever thought I would but nobody tells you how bittersweet everything is. I have never felt so much bittersweetness in my life! This day was majorly bitter-super-sweet with all the reflecting on how much my little baby has changed in such a short period of time. Has it REALLY been a year? Is it possible that he has changed this much in ONLY ONE YEAR? PANIC!!!!!! Am I treasuring each day as much as I should be? Am I missing things? A year has gone by that I will never have again! I really need to be taking more pictures so I don't forget ONE....SINGLE....SECOND. I have the most amazing, sweet, cutest son ever. With all these emotions it is no wonder I was a blubbering mess the moment the candles on the cake were lit.

I really wanted the day to be about Miles and family so I made huge effort not to make huge effort. ;) So no...there was no block party, no venue rental, no ponies, no fancy formal save-the-dates. I emphatically refused to put that much pressure on my one (!) year old son or myself to strive for some perfect over the top day and I have to say...I feel like I succeeded.

We spent the day at Grammy and Grampy's house, swimming, snacking, and playing with new toys. We did what Miles likes to do (and mommy got to do a little tiny bit of theme decorating....but just enough to take the edge off. I swear.) We invited only family and it was perfectly "not over the top".

A little part of me felt as though Miles turning 1 meant he wasn't a baby anymore which made me sad. Then I decided I just wasn't going to accept that. I say he is still a baby and I'm mom so what I say goes. My house my rules!!!! I don't care what anyone says. I will baby the shit out of that kid if I feel like it and that doesn't mean he'll be a brat or wuss or anything else. He will stay my amazing, sweet, cute son and he will grow to be man of character and integrity. Like this guy:


Ha! I love that commercial. Shows how sappy I have gotten recently.

Anyway...here are the pictures of MILES BIG DAY!
Daddy and Miles taking a nap before the festivities began.(Belly belly belly!)

I just couldn't resist doing a teensy bit of theme-ing.

What is this giant present???


Showing Daddy and Grampy how to put together his birthday present.




vroom VROOOOOOM!


Off to the pool!


YUM!

Pushing in as much cake at one time as possible!

Happy Birthday Miles! We love you SO MUCH!!


No comments:

Post a Comment