Monday, April 30, 2012

Crawfish Boils and Smooches!


Most people who know me are aware of how I feel about hot weather. I pretty much hate it. Nothing gets me irritated faster than being hot. I hate sweat, I hate sunburns, cars that literally burn and suffocate you, high electric bills, beers that get warm too fast, concrete that burns your feet, frizzy hair, I just really really dislike it all. I've always been irritated by girls who say,  "I don't sweat. I glisten." B@#&h, I sweat my ass off and you do too! Don't tell me you have never experienced swamp ass. Ugh! I do however like the way that warm weather tends to bring people together. Despite the recent hot weather, we managed to have quite an enjoyable weekend. There is no better way to kick off summer than one of Shane's authentic Louisiana Crawfish Boils! (Yes, I know we aren't officially in summer yet but in my book over 80 degrees = summer time. Which means that not only did I not get a winter, but my spring has also been cut terribly short.) Here is a very non-expert version of how this fabulous event goes:

Start off with a giant propane frier. Crawfish boils are supposed to feed a crowd!

 
Be careful!


Give the little guys a bath to clean up

This is Matt's favorite part. What a weirdo! Get rid of the dead guys.

Now if that isn't cute, I don't know what is.

Set the crawfish aside for a while and throw all the onions, corn, taters, sausage, lemons, etc into the seasoned water. Check the time to be sure they turn out just right!

While that cooks, relax and enjoy a nice cold beverage...like that coca-cola Shane has. :)

Get in some cutie baby time with Sadie Bug

And Miles too!

Yeah...so I missed a few steps. Too many cute babies and coca-colas. When the crawfish come out they are pretty (?) and bright red. Time to suck some heads and eat some tails! umm.....yeah.

Throw it (or carefully style it as Shane has done) on some newspaper and get ready to dig in.

Group Photo First!

OMG. So fun and yummy! Shane is the host with the most! After dinner...Miles got his first smooch! Miles and Sadie sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G!


Muah!

And then he remembered what mommy told him. NO GIRLS!

LOL....we love Ms. Sadie. We were all feelin the love after such a fabulous afternoon and evening at the Chambliss house. Even though the weather was hot and getting hotter we are can't wait for more fun summer afternoons with friends and loved ones.

Next up.....Miles first Braves Game!

No comments:

Post a Comment